2/26/08

Snips & Snails, Puppy Dog Tails...& Green Crayons





My Favorite Color is...green

These pictures do not depict the whole story or the shock factor either! In this load were school uniform pants, Andrew's shirts, 2 pairs of Michael's BRAND NEW casual slacks, 2 casual dress button down oxfords, 1 knit white w/ stripes Polo, and some boxers and boys briefs. I took a few pics and it was all I had time to take...but I'm glad I have these to look back at. The dryer drum is now white and shiny, thank you Comet...the next dog we get will be named Comet in honor of this miracle working product.

The clothing has been rescued (99% of the crayon is out now) thanks to this recipe I found on a google search of "crayon in the dryer":

1 cup Liquid detergent
1 cup OxiClean
1 cup Shout
Wash on hottest setting and stop cycle after everything is mixed up good to let it soak for HOURS. Then wash and repeat. I wouldn't recommend drying them in the dryer if there is any residue or crayon spots left on them a t all. Let them air dry and spot treat the best you can.

The dryer drum took hot water, Comet, and elbow grease...lots and lots of elbow grease.

All of this happened on the Lord's Day, the Sabbath, the day of rest. Sheesh, do I get a makeup day of rest?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America...and to always, ALWAYS, no matter what, check the pockets of my 3 sons and husband before washing and drying their clothes!
P.S. This evening Michael and I were talking and he mentioned that he saw Joanne and she said something to him about getting my email re the green crayon incident. Jack was sitting with me and heard Michael telling me this. So Jack goes, "Oh, I forgot to put my green crayon back in my box at school so I just put it in my pocket. I meant to put it up before I left school, guess I forgot. I'm sorry!" That's ok buddy, it all came out in the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment