5/25/08

I'm just saying...

It has come to the point in our move where we are exhausted and no one is making any sense. We start sentences and can't finish them, have ideas and forget them as soon as our mouth opens, I've been mis-spelling words like "fragile" when I'm labeling a box, I keep leaving my neighborhood the completely opposite side from where I need to to go to the storage unit...& I don't know where ANYTHING is.

I hope we find everything when we move again in 2 weeks...1 week, joy, 2 weeks, joy...that was me counting it all joy.

I did see some irony on my wrong way adventure to storage yesterday. I was stopped at a light and was daydreaming at the very large window decal on a souped up Escalade in front of me. It was the Cadillac symbol flanked by intricate scroll work on either side. It was as big as the entire rear window, and silver metallic so it was very shiny in my eye. (I wonder how much something like that cost? Probably at least one big trip to Wal Mart.) I guess that was the 'bling' factor. Then I noticed way down on the rear left of the Escalade, right above the left side of the bumper...a little tiny Jesus fish. I'm just saying...

So, we get to the storage unit and at the end of the hall there's all these brown "leaf-like" things on floor. Upon close examination I see that it is hundreds and hundreds of dead winged insects...ugh I need to call management about that! In the last building, on the last corridor, almost to the end of the row, past hundreds of other locked up units...I'm standing in our 10x20 storage unit that is also 11' high to the ceiling looking at our furniture and boxed belongings stacked like how Dr. Seus's buildings looked, and all I can think is I'm glad it all fits. We still have about 1/3 of the floor space left to fill and will probably have room left over when we're done. Which is a good thing. But when you see all your stuff in one little space, that used to fill up a house...and now, its in one little space and it just looks like stuff...its a weird feeling. Some of it is real special to me, some of it is just stuff. But there it all is...in a storage unit. And if Jesus comes back before we can move it out...there it will stay. It won't go with us...special or not...its just stuff that will never leave the planet and probably won't last the rest of my natural life. So, my treasures are staying at their grandparents' house during this weekend move...and my stuff is in storage...I'm just saying...

I enjoyed listening to the sweet sound of LSU winning their game in the SEC tournament yesterday as I was packing up stuff. It was even sweeter than usual because it was also the sound of Alabama losing. I'm just saying...

Well, my coffee is gone and I've got to get cracking. Before I go, I need to tell you to click on "cracking". It is perhaps the most entertaining 7 minutes of tv I've seen since watching Cook beat archuletta. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment