5/16/11

accidents happen


 Throughout the course of my days I hear my 3 sons say certain things repetitively.

“Mommy, I love you.”    
“Mommy, I’m hungry.”  
“Mommy, can we get the water guns out?”   
“HE’S BAWTHUREENG MEEEE!”    
“Mom, it wasn’t me but...”    
“I POOTED! Did you smell it?”  
Jut to list a few.  
Then there’s the infamous: 
“Mom, it was an ACCIDENT!”  
Or in Will’s (3) case,
 “Mommy, I’m sorry, it wasn’t an axident.” 


Which brings me to the reason for this post, I had an accident.  In the kitchen.  Baking.  I set out to make the requested all-time-best-ever-beats-your-grandmother’s-recipe for snickerdoodles.  Thank you Emeril.  (I know!right?)  I was a little distracted by the 3-ring circus going on around me and accidentally added 3 eggs instead of the prescribed 2.  I didn’t notice my error until I tried to “roll” the dough into balls to then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar.  My dough was not in the least bit rollable.  It was cake batter.  A delicious one at that.  I couldn’t figure it out until I’d read the recipe over 2 or 3 times looking for my error.  Then I saw my trash...how many egg shells is that sitting there??? 1. 2. 3.  Oh. 



See those craters? That’s a hole lotta yum.


So, away went the cookie sheet and out came the muffin tin!  I sprayed the cups and filled them halfway with dough...I mean, batter, then sprinkled the cinnamon-sugar on top, and baked at 350 for about 13-14 minutes.

The boys loved them and named them “Snickercakes”.  You can go here for the cookie recipe and if you wanna take a walk on the wild side, add the third egg and see how you like ‘em!




Accident. Shmaxident! 

1 comment: