10/5/15

Day 5 #write31days: loose ends

There's just too many loose ends.  Undone things that adults do to make sure there aren't any loose ends. 

There's things that have piled up on me on my desk, in my closet, & the filing cabinet.  It's just all too much. Things have to go out of this house and things need to be set right and tied neatly up.  Ts need to be crossed and dots need to be put on every i.  

I stress cleaned today.  It needed to be done but it was definitely a stress thing. I'm a little bit not quite myself.  Unsettled. Shaken. Pressed. 



Stupid wreck.  It's why I look at my desk and shudder at the thought of someone else having to sift through my undone loose ends.  Same for the closet and the filing cabinet.  I will not go home to eternity and leave my boys searching for what they need amongst my crap.  Nor will I leave them closets of unworn clothes, boxes in the attic, or surplus excess crap in any cabinets. They'll not grieve me and be strapped with the burden of my excess.  


It ends this week.  So much has already been purged over the last 2 or 3 years, but we've not been wise about making sure papers are in order and easily found etc.  

Perspective and motivation are mine every time I wince from seat belt bruises or sneeze.  Sneezing hurts. 

Jesus, help us wrap all this up.  Then, please hold us together so we are found faithful when it's time.

1 Peter1:6-7 I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out provedgenuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it’s your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment