6/26/06

The Lake House


The Lake House
I think I have a new favorite movie. Tonight I (we) had the opportunity to go see this movie; I know it has been out for awhile, but what can I say, we don't get out much. The boys are at their grandparents' house for the night so, the time was right to take in a Summer movie. I cannot say enough good things about this movie. I loved the review I read on Plugged In, http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0002745.cfm.
From the start of the movie, I could tell I was gonna love it & I knew the good parts weren't all in the commercials and previews I'd seen for this feature. This one gets 2 thumbs up and a holla'.

A dear friend has told me that I think too much, this is funny to me because I have since learned about her that she also thinks too much...the subject matter is just different. This movie makes me think...not just about romance, but how I affect people in my life, and how I have the power to positively (or negatively) effect the lives of others today, tomorrow, two years from now, or twenty years from now.

I love the dictionary! Dictionary.com has these definitions to consider:
  1. affect - To have an influence on or effect a change in;
    To act on the emotions of; touch or move. To attack or infect, as a disease.
  2. effect - Something brought about by a cause or agent; a result.
    The power to produce an outcome or achieve a result; influence
    .
Romantically speaking, I can affect the life of my future daughters-in-law by how I train my sons today. Today, I can set an example of what a lady is and how she acts and that will shape their perception of what kind of woman they would like to marry in their tomorrow. This kind of thinking is so profound. In the same vein of thought, I can affect my own romance in my marriage. What I do today in my relationship with my husband will produce either negative or positive effects for us when our children are grown and gone.

The movie has given me a chance to reflect back on recent times and how I wish things had been. I've also been forced to look ahead, and consider how I hope for things to be. I hope that my tomorrows will see each facet of my life reflecting the light of what I have learned and what has touched my heart tonight.

By the way, this is not a new lesson, I have learned this in different ways before tonight. However, once again I am given the chance to be marked by what I've experienced and not waste a moment of opportunity. Lessons in life can and do often come in movies, good movies. I'm still not sure what is to be learned from Nacho Libre, but if I see it, I'll let you know. Right now I'm thinking our friend Chris is right in that it will probably amount to about $7.00 of just laughs. (Sounds like a great one for the guys!)

I would also like to add that before we left, we were talking about going to the show and Michael made a casual comment that he was apathetic about the movie itself but was glad to have the time with me. I appreciated the sentiment but still wanted him to want to see that particular movie too. Anyway, in his own words as we were leaving the show he said, "That was really good. I liked that movie."

Lake House is gonna go on my list of all time favorites and will be one I'd love to own one day. What a great Valentine's Day gift that would be...or better yet, an even better "I just thought about you out of the blue and wanted to get this for you today" gift on any ordinary day of the year.

Well, the bell is tolling and my coach is here to whisk me away before the spell my fairy godmother cast is broken. I hope I make it to the closet without losing my glass slipper again.

Yes, I do plan to live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment