5/15/08

ouch

Someone cussed me today. It made me feel terrible inside...I still have this sick feeling in my stomach and my throat is tight and I keep tearing up when I think about what I heard said to me. It felt like I had the wind knocked out of me.

Don't ask me who, where, or why...I won't say. That's not what's important anyway. What is important is that today I was reminded why Jesus told us not to hate our brother, that He likened it to murder.

I've been praying as I am going through my day that Jesus would heal my hurt and help me get over that incident. I have this brokenness that only He can heal.

In my praying, He reminded me of someone I cussed. I was in 5th grade. It happened on the playground. I called a girl named Lisa a horrible word because another girl told me to. I wanted to please that popular girl and made the wrong choice. It was the only time I'd ever been sent to the principal. I'm glad I was disciplined because it got my attention.

Have you ever been told, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? There's a reason for that. From God's perspective, He does seem to care more about what is in our heart. So don't even think it, right? From what's in our hearts, our mouths speak.

Jesus,
Let everything I say today and everyday be fruit of Your Spirit. Please heal any hurts I've caused others by my mouth. Thanks for this reminder lesson today. Help it grow deep in my heart and bear good fruit.
Love, Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Wendy, I would say you handled that situation with grace and with the leading of the Spirit. Thank you for sharing such a sensitive situation as a reminder to us all to seek to allow Christ to produce fruit in our lives by His Spirit.

    In Christ,
    Randy

    ReplyDelete