9/12/10

penny for your thoughts

How can I repay the Lord 
       for all his goodness to me?

I will lift up the cup of salvation 
       and call on the name of the Lord.

I will fulfill my vows to the Lord 
       in the presence of all his people.

Precious in the sight of the Lord 
       is the death of his saints.
O Lord, truly I am your servant; 

       I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; 
       you have freed me from my chains.

I will sacrifice a thank offering to you 
       and call on the name of the Lord.
~

Psalm 116:12-17

Today is a day to remember.
Much could be said and written about tragedy, loss, war, grief, terror...
but
the reality is this:
I AM is on His throne.
He alone is mighty to save.
Faithfully He sustains His children.
In His hands are comfort, healing, and restoration.
His Prince brings perfect peace, beyond our understanding.
When His people humble themselves and pray to Him, turn to Him, acknowledge Him...
He is moved.
He is for us.
Who can be against us.


I am thankful for many things today as I remember September 11, 2001.  I remember in living color watching the events of the day and how they affected me.  I was a new mommy, I will never forget wondering what this would mean to our future.  A baby makes you think like that.

I am thankful for those who fought to protect our country. Two of those men are my brothers.  Both served in Iraq after 9/11.  Both came home safe and sound.  For that I am poured out in thanksgiving.  

I have gotten over the grief of that day.  I no longer feel the same shaken emotion I felt in my core that day.  I have, in a sense, forgotten.  We have all moved forward as a country and aren't daily consumed with the grief and emotion brought on by the attack on our country.  We have all, in ways, forgotten.

Like you forget the pain of heartache, or even child birth...time changes how we feel.

So, it isn't feelings that I ask you to remember.  I ask that you remember the facts of your past...of your present...of your future.

He was. He is. He forever will be...

and 

He, the one true God,

He
      loves
               y o u.



1 comment:

  1. What a great way to look at 9/11. I love your last statements, He was, He is, He will forever be. Words that with each day sustain me! Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete