10/10/10

Southern Living Idea Home ~ 2010 ~ Covington, Louisiana

Recently, my mother and I went to tour the Southern Living Idea Home in Covington, Louisiana.  I'd like to share some pictures that I took with you. 


~Exterior~

architectural model







~Entryway & Den~


 


 


 




~Dining Room~ 


 

~Kitchen~

 


 

 


~Nook~

 


 



~Guest Suite~

 


 


 




~Laundry Room~

 


~Family Room~


 

 
 


~Master Suite~


  





 

 



 

~Girl's Bedroom~


 


~Boy's Room~



~Guest House~


 


~Lighting~

guest suite bathroom

upstairs jack-n-jill bathroom

girl's room chandelier

master bath

master bed light control switch and lamp

 sea urchin chandelier over master bed


family room

front door 

~Artwork~

master bath

 master bedroom 

laundry room ~ used to hide electric panel


There you have it...the 2010 Southern Living Idea House ~ Covington, Louisiana.  I had some favorites...and found some ideas not so bright.  Overall, it was indeed a lovely home.  

I had a lovely time with my Mom too.  We enjoyed lunch together at a local cafe, explored downtown and found some neat-o shops, and then we roamed around town through the beautiful residential areas.  Covington, Louisiana is a wonderful mix of old and new in more ways than one.  I hope you'll venture off the beaten path next time you're passing by and check it out for yourself.  (Oh, and if you happen to be there at lunch or supper time...go to Acme Oyster House.  Trust me.)

























No comments:

Post a Comment