11/22/10

I'm thankful for..........

The obvious things.......My Savior Jesus and His gift of salvation, life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, freedom, all our needs met with blessings besides, & family.  But, there is more to my life in my little corner of the world that I'm thankful for.  


Like.....


a marriage of 14 going on til-death-do-us-part years...healthy baby boys who've grown into healthy little boys...all the laundry piled up in the laundry room that was dirtied by those boys...the finger prints and hand prints smudged on the glass of our windows, doors, and mirrors...the hot wheels in my purse...the notes and signs that boys make for every occasion and thing (including my dinosaur pictures made yesterday because he loves me "so much")...getting to bike ride with my boys on the same neighborhood sidewalks I grew up riding...watching my boys play and wrestle and swing out the kitchen window while I do dishes...dishes that pile up because I was playing with, reading with, learning with, and enjoying being with those same boys...my grandparents bird picture that I remember gazing at while I sat with them and that now hangs on our wall and how it reminds me of those precious grandparents and time spent with them...a grandmother who made me coffee milk when I was a kid and cemented my love for cafe au lait ---and country breakfasts---and her apple spice cake too...being taken into the woods for a walk, or a squirrel hunt, but just time in the woods was great...fishing too...for my blue bike with a banana seat, basket, and handle streamers...for my white roller skates with the blue pom poms...for my one and only rabbit fur coat...for knock knock jokes that are funny only to us...for a boy that is creative, tenderly strong, and friendly...for a boy that is determined, hilarious, and a builder...for a boy that is imaginative, purposeful, and brave...for baseball hats left in trees...successful potty training...m&ms...stickers...family game nights...good books...good music...good movies...good friends...being surrounded by people who love me -in spite of me- no matter what...

1 comment:

  1. Your dad and I are thankful for you and your brothers, too!

    ReplyDelete