10/18/13

the end of something and the beginning of something else

I've spent a lot of time today thinking about Mr. Rogers.

I always liked his show in spite of Lady Fairchild.

I'm glad to have watched it with my kiddos too.

They complain sometimes that he is boring.

Then they are drawn in.

Drawn in by his kindness.

By his routine.

His calm.

I think Mr. Rogers knew Jesus.

He exudes peace.

Friendship.

Joy.


Many times today I've wondered, 

"What would Mr. Rogers do?"

When the "Yes ma'ams, I already did that"

look like this.



What would Mr. Rogers do?

Dear neighbor, I'm pretty sure I know 
what he would not have done.  

Lord keep me calm.  

Like you are calm.

Like Mr. Rogers.
Always caring more for others than himself.






Because these


grow up insanely too fast.


You is kind.


You is smart.



You is important.


That moment.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Dear neighbor, 
Don't give up.
At the right time, 
the harvest comes.
Galatians 6:9
(my paraphrase)

"Often when you think you're at the end of something, 
you're at the beginning of something else."
Mr. Rogers




Click on the picture for all of my 31 Days posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment