10/14/13

3 weeks late and almost 10 pounds

That's me.  Born late.  Struggled with being on time ever since.  I wonder if there's any real connection to the two.  Anyway, I was that kid, that teen, and am that adult.  I'm the one whose teachers always noted that I was "a delight to have in class" and also that I was one who "does not use time wisely".  Harumph. 
That always bugged me.  I totally thought I was just enjoying my work giving it my best while they,  the ones I'm trying to impress, saw a totally different picture. 


Like the time I was mowing the grass in our backyard as a kid. My grandparents were down for a visit and Papaw was watching from the patio.  I remember being super conscientious, making sure the wheels were lined up so I didn't leave slivers of missed grass,  and trying to keep my shoulders up and back straight so I looked poised while pushing the mower.  I was going for my best Audrey Hepburn mows the backyard look.  What they saw was Sue Heck strikes again.  I apparently looked the exact opposite of what I was trying so hard for.  He went after my  Dad.  I think I looked so awkward it embarrassed my Dad, he anxiously corrected me and on I mowed.  Forget posture and poise, I'd do better to just mow like a boy and get it done.  

Appearance matters to us all.  Even to the ones who say it doesn't matter to them, it does.  To some degree it does.

It matters to me that I can't seem to establish routines that I can stick to.  That matters.  It's something I'm working on.  Sans guilt.  Just something I need to be better at so my family and I thrive.

Circumstantially there are obstacles.  
We all have them though.  
I just need a work around. 
A way through.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

13 No temptation (or test) has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted (or tested) beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted (tested), He will also provide a way out (an escape route, a way through) so that you can endure it. 
(words are mine~different versions use these too)
Somewhere along my way someone told me that way out was a way through; that the word escape meant a way through. 
He is the way.  He is the way through.  My way maker.  


Click on the picture below to see all my 31 Days posts.







No comments:

Post a Comment